Chambers Prairie Animal Hospital
The finest in veterinary care
October – Animal Safety & Protection This month (and every month) is a time to recognize safety measures you should take to protect your pet and ensure they are healthy. Check out the below safety tips:
- Be proactive. Keep all your pets up to date on immunizations.
- Pet-proof your home. Remove or secure choking hazards and toxic chemicals. Make your home pet-friendly and safe.
- Identify your animals. Place tags securely on collars and even label collars with your contact information. If you have more uncommon pets, take pictures in the event they get loose.
- In a disaster, have a plan. Who will be responsible for locating each animal in the house? How will you transport them? If it is a fire, human life takes priority. However, place decals on windows and doors with the number of humans and each kind and number of pets residing in the home. Keep them up to date.
- Learn basic first aid. Caring for your animal at home will prevent a minor injury from becoming severe. Always call your veterinarian if you are unsure.
- Know your animal. If your animal’s behavior changes, watch for signs of illness. Is he injured or spent too much time in the heat? Contact your veterinarian before giving human over-the-counter medications.
Happy with your service?
1) Refer a friend
Take advantage of our referral program! It's super easy:
2) You get $10 off your next service
3) They get $10 off their service
*May not be used with other offers. Restrictions may apply
Wellness ExamsYour pet can benefit greatly from regular wellness examinations or checkups. Whether your pet is a youngster, a “senior citizen,” or any age in between, wellness examinations provide an excellent opportunity for us to conduct a thorough physical examination and develop a health profile for your pet. This information will help us identify medical problems...
Canine ReproductionAdvances in technology now enable us to breed dogs from any two parts of the world. Our doctors are trained in these services and can provide assistance with canine ovulation timing, semen evaluation, artificial and chilled semen insemination, frozen semen implants, shipping chilled semen and C-Sections. Please contact us if you would like additional information...
Large Animal ServicesWe care for a variety of large animals. We offer preventive care, reproductive consultations, nutritional advice, and general care recommendations for livestock animals and non-traditional large pets. Each species of large animal has its own specific needs for housing, diet, and care. We can give you guidance on caring for your livestock or non-traditional pet....
Years in Existence
Our Clients Love Us!
Refreshing to have a vet listen and go through every option to help your pet. Will be going back for all our pet needs.
I honestly can't say enough good things about this practice. I breed AKC/ASCA Australian Shepherds and was looking for a place that appreciated having me and my dogs as clients. My first appointment with them I had two of my dogs OFA's done. Three days later in the mail, I received a card in the mail from them welcoming us as new patients. I know this sounds silly, but it brought tears to my eyes because you really don't find this kind of service just anywhere anymore. They've now gained all of my business. I feel honored to have my pets taken care of by Chambers Prairie and their entire staff. THANK YOU!!